The exact healthcare domain is vast and spread across different subdomains. Not only is it fragmented, but it is also complex. The economic scenario is extremely skeptical with emerging players in the market ecosystem. A lot of factors have contributed to this skepticism such as the society rise and exhaustion of resources. Funding for professional medical has always suffered the brunt of economic depression and so has always been in short supply. Competition is rampant and is only escalating with the advent of new healthcare organizations.
The healthcare promotion industry
The healthcare industry is a dynamic environment which employs a wide range of marketing tools. The marketing tools bring a brand promotion or for reinforcing a brands photograph. The increase in the growth and development of the healthcare area has caused many marketing firms to diversify their whole operations across various sub-domains and project themselves like specialists in the domain. However, certain marketing firms address healthcare marketing as a part of their diverse operations with no different specialization attributed to it.
Tools used in healthcare marketing
1 Sales/Networking- This constitutes the development of an extensive network, going the spot that the market is, building presentations and showcasing your skills.
2. Direct marketing- This involves the use of letters, patient leaves returning leaflets, flyers, brochures, etc.
3. Advertising- Advertising works by using print media, outdoor and out of home advertorials, exceptional publications, etc .
4. Use of Free media- Free Multimedia involves writing expert reviews and articles for TV FOR PC channels, news media, etc . With this you can establish a name for your personal organization and be known as an expert.
5. Build strong General population relations- Consider supporting a social cause. It will help your own brand’s reputation as well contribute to the society at large. It helps build up good will in the community at large.
6. Use of social media as well as internet- Social media services and the growing popularity of the internet are now a marketing to the next level. The presence of online healthcare portals has additionally pushed the need for an organization to develop new and innovative methods to woo customers.
Appropriate use of these tools would lead to a direct increase in sales volumes and generate revenue for the financial institution.
Mr. Gaurav Malhotra Bourn Hall is the Managing Director of Medicover a leading European healthcare group. He has twenty three years of rich experience in healthcare domain, in leading business and change management across MNCs, start-ups, joint ventures and re-engineering organisations. He has won prestigious “Healthcare CEO of the year” award by Economic Times (ET NOW).
Effective use of Press Release
Press Release (PR) is one of the most effective methods for healthcare marketing. It is widely used to communicate info of your business and create awareness of product launches.
Stylish cold calling or hot calling, telemarketing continues to be expected to work as a healthcare marketing strategy even today. Yes, its use includes diminished, but it hasn’t disappeared. This highlights the fact that even though healthcare industry is not as aggressive as advertising around other sectors, the traditional methods of advertisement would still help the growth of the healthcare industry.