There are numerous ways to set up your own radio station. It depends on how committed you are to it. The single most important thing you should know before you get started is why can you need to start your own radio station?
Maybe, it’s because you happen to be a DJ or you have a band and want to reach a great audience with your songs. Maybe, you have a huge collection of rock and roll music and want to share it with the world. Maybe you are an associate of club and want to make money by broadcasting a certain form of music along with commercials. Maybe you are a candidate and want to spread the word about your current nomination and your speeches. Or maybe you are just person who will be passionate about radio stations and always wanted to start your own FM radio location. Whatever the case, you need to know what you are doing.
Here are the basics of developing a new radio station in a nutshell.
First you have to make decisions on a couple of issues. You must choose the right place where your studio will probably be located. Also you must decide whether your radio transmission device will be placed at your studio or in a remote location.
Subsequent, it’s time to obtain a FM flat earth radio license that will allow one to legally broadcast your signal.
There are three types of FM radio station license:
- – The low power FM (Local)
- instructions The full power FM (Commercial)
- – License for Net radio (Streaming Media)
You can start broadcasting your new radio channel by obtaining at least one of the licenses mentioned. If you are interested in this then your goal should be to first acquire a low strength FM license and then move on to the full power license. You will also find the option to set up a radio station that streams noise on the internet which is the easiest way to go with, if you have no previous knowledge in FM radio stations.
Here are some issues you must consider following applying for the radio station license:
- – How much money are you willing to shell out for start up and ongoing costs?
- – What type of equipment how about? For example transmission equipment or a radio automation system and so forth Do you know how to choose the best transmitter for your radio station?
- aid What is the process of getting in the air? Do you know how to use your products and go live? For example , do you know how many watts your transmitted equipment can handle?
- – How will you deal with music licensing, royalties and copyright issues? Do you know that you actually have to pay for that also?
- – How well informed are you on the subject of frequencies? Acquiring this license is one thing and obtaining a frequency for your radio station is a different thing. You have to fill and submit an application to be able to request a new frequency.